Carnousie Castle is a restored, late 16th Century Z - plan three storey tower house with an attic which was originally built for the Ogilvies, but later passed through a number of other owners including the Gordons and General Patrick 'Tiger' Duff before
falling into disrepair in the 19th century. There is a drum tower on one wing; access to the first floor is via a scale and platt stair while the top storeys are reached via two stair towers.
This is a Private Home, and is not open to the general public.
Location: Aberdeenshire, Banff and Buchan, west of Turriff, off B9025.
Date posted: 27 Feb 2010Last updated: 20 Nov 2014
? You are not currently logged in. Log in using the form below.Comment rules
Would you like to add comments to this site?
You must be registered and logged in to post a comment. If you are registered please login below and you, when logged in, will be able to post comments.
Links: [ Register here
] - [ Lost password?
] - [ Lost username?
Comments found: (0)
Presently, there are no comments posted for this record!
Back to top
- Please be considerate in language. Do not use swear words.
- Treat other posters with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated.
- Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
- Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
- Insulting personal attacks will be not tolerated.