The Government sets policy for listing of buildings of special architectural or historic interest, promotes good practice in the care of buildings and funds the Scottish Civic Trust to maintain BARR. It works in partnership with local authorities and others to encourage positive action to remove buildings from BARR. Historic building repair grants are available to owners of listed buildings at serious risk from neglect or disrepair.
Date posted: 22 Feb 2010Last updated: 05 Dec 2014
See also: more info
- Please be considerate in language. Do not use swear words.
- Treat other posters with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated.
- Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
- Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
- Insulting personal attacks will be not tolerated.