Old photographs allow us to look back 100 years into social history.
For once the castles take a back seat.
Glasgow holiday makers carpet the mound of Dunoon Castle - and not one without a hat!
Well laundered linen on show at Ailsa Craig - how on earth did they manage to climb up?
Looks like a Sunday School pic-nic at Dundonald Castle in Ayrshire
A little higher up the social ladder at Glamis Castle in Angus
Sentry on duty at Edinburgh Castle
Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders on parade before the days of khaki at Stirling Castle
Article by SCA member Brian McGarrigle
Date posted: 30 Jun 2013Last updated: 04 Dec 2014
? You are not currently logged in. Log in using the form below.Comment rules
Would you like to add comments to this site?
You must be registered and logged in to post a comment. If you are registered please login below and you, when logged in, will be able to post comments.
Links: [ Register here
] - [ Lost password?
] - [ Lost username?
Comments found: (0)
Presently, there are no comments posted for this record!
Back to top
- Please be considerate in language. Do not use swear words.
- Treat other posters with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated.
- Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
- Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
- Insulting personal attacks will be not tolerated.