Ardrossan Castle is to be protected from vandalism at last
Plans to turn Ardrossan Castle into a tourist attraction 'to draw people into the town' emerged this week.
The castle has suffered from severe damage over the years by adverse weather and acts of vandalism. A report has stated that the structure is on the verge of collapse and that £103,000 would be required to make the castle safe.
There is £1.5m in North Ayrshire's regional repairs fund and this could provide a possible source of funding for the emergency work needed on the castle. North Ayrshire are to prepare a report to explore how the castle could become part of the heritage of the town and how it can be best utilised as a resource for education and tourism.
Source: Ardrossan Herald 30 March 2012
Date posted: 02 Apr 2012Last updated: 05 Dec 2014
? You are not currently logged in. Log in using the form below.Comment rules
Would you like to add comments to this site?
You must be registered and logged in to post a comment. If you are registered please login below and you, when logged in, will be able to post comments.
Links: [ Register here
] - [ Lost password?
] - [ Lost username?
Comments found: (1)
Back to top
- Please be considerate in language. Do not use swear words.
- Treat other posters with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated.
- Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
- Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
- Insulting personal attacks will be not tolerated.