Baltersan Castle is an exceptional tower house situated near the town of Maybole in rural Ayrshire.
A panel over the door records ‘This house was begun in the first day of March 1584’.
Long roofless, Baltersan Castle was acquired by Scottish Castles Association member James Brown, pictured left, who has done much work on it.
This house was begun in the first day of March 1584
Lately, James employed a drone to record the upper parts of the castle giving us a fascinating new perspective on the tower. Have a quick ‘fly over’ for yourself by watching the video below.
A drone's-eye view of Baltersan
Baltersan Castle - as seen from the ground
Article by SCA member Brian Mpcgarrigle. Video: Baltersan © Ancell Media
Date posted: 22 Apr 2016Last updated: 24 Apr 2016
? You are not currently logged in. Log in using the form below.Comment rules
Would you like to add comments to this site?
You must be registered and logged in to post a comment. If you are registered please login below and you, when logged in, will be able to post comments.
Links: [ Register here
] - [ Lost password?
] - [ Lost username?
Comments found: (0)
Presently, there are no comments posted for this record!
Back to top
- Please be considerate in language. Do not use swear words.
- Treat other posters with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated.
- Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
- Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
- Insulting personal attacks will be not tolerated.