A castle near Huntly has gone on the market for only the third time in 221 years at an asking price of £3m.
A-listed Beldorney is being sold together with 861 acres that includes a shoot and 16 pools on the river.
It dates from around 1550 and is a splendid example of an Z-plan castle. The ninth laird backed Prince Charles but evaded capture after Culloden.
Beldorney was extended during the 17th century and again in Victorian times while a major restoration of the original building was carried out in the 1980s.
Source: Aberdeen Press & Journa
Date posted: 24 Jun 2012Last updated: 05 Dec 2014
? You are not currently logged in. Log in using the form below.Comment rules
Would you like to add comments to this site?
You must be registered and logged in to post a comment. If you are registered please login below and you, when logged in, will be able to post comments.
Links: [ Register here
] - [ Lost password?
] - [ Lost username?
Comments found: (0)
Presently, there are no comments posted for this record!
Back to top
- Please be considerate in language. Do not use swear words.
- Treat other posters with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated.
- Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
- Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
- Insulting personal attacks will be not tolerated.