Two Highland Castles have been in the news recently.
UPDATE: The SCA reported that Castle Grant had been purchased after only 10 days on the market in the article below. We now hear that it is for sale once more.
Recent image of Castle Grant, which was last owned by Ex-Glasgow Rangers owner Craig Whyte
Castle Grant in Moray, with an asking price of £1.1 million, has been snapped up after only 12 days on the market!
An L-plan tower of the 16th century it was radically altered in the 18th and only a wing and parapet of the old castle remain visible.
Castle Grant when in semi-runious state
The castle has had a checkered history and at one time had fallen into a semi-ruinous state.
The same day it was announced that Ackergill Tower in Caithness has re-opened after an £1million refurbishment following a fire. Ackergill is the only 5 star hotel in Caithness and noted for its celebratory visitors.
It is a massive 15th century tower house of 5 stories with 10 feet thick walls. It had a 'make over' in the 19th century which was not to its advantage but it still manages to convey an air of strength and beauty.
Date posted: 16 May 2014Last updated: 05 Dec 2014
See also: More Castle Grant info
? You are not currently logged in. Log in using the form below.Comment rules
Would you like to add comments to this site?
You must be registered and logged in to post a comment. If you are registered please login below and you, when logged in, will be able to post comments.
Links: [ Register here
] - [ Lost password?
] - [ Lost username?
Comments found: (0)
Presently, there are no comments posted for this record!
Back to top
- Please be considerate in language. Do not use swear words.
- Treat other posters with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated.
- Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
- Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
- Insulting personal attacks will be not tolerated.