Colliston Castle (Angus)
The 16th century Z-plan castle of Colliston, Angus is for sale.
Colliston dates from 1583 and consisted of an oblong main block with round towers at the angles brought to the square by means of corbelling.
The castle has been much altered and added to in later years. One of the square upper turrets has been removed; the windows have been enlarged; the walls heightened and a new roof put on.
The castle has been in use as a wedding venue and is in excellent condition.
Angus: Angus: Colliston Castle, Colliston, Arbroath. A 16th century B-listed castle set in more than 10 acres of gardens and woodland. 10 beds, 3 baths, 3 kitchens, 5 receps, turret, outbuildings. OIEO £650,000; Strutt & Parker (0131-226 2500).
Colliston Castle, set in 10 acres of gardens and woodland
Date posted: 22 Dec 2011Last updated: 06 Aug 2015
? You are not currently logged in. Log in using the form below.Comment rules
Would you like to add comments to this site?
You must be registered and logged in to post a comment. If you are registered please login below and you, when logged in, will be able to post comments.
Links: [ Register here
] - [ Lost password?
] - [ Lost username?
Comments found: (0)
Presently, there are no comments posted for this record!
Back to top
- Please be considerate in language. Do not use swear words.
- Treat other posters with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated.
- Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
- Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
- Insulting personal attacks will be not tolerated.