The tower house overlooking Sinclair's Bay dates from the 15th Century.
Firefighters and police have launched an investigation into a suspicious fire at a luxury hotel in Caithness.
The emergency services were alerted to the fire in a storage area at Ackergill Tower, near Wick, in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Police Scotland has appealed for information about the incident.
Overlooking Sinclair's Bay, Ackergill is a 15th Century tower house. It was extended in 1850 and later underwent restoration work.
Four years ago it was offered for sale at a price of £5m.
Date posted: 06 Jan 2014Last updated: 05 Dec 2014
See also: Source: BBC News
? You are not currently logged in. Log in using the form below.Comment rules
Would you like to add comments to this site?
You must be registered and logged in to post a comment. If you are registered please login below and you, when logged in, will be able to post comments.
Links: [ Register here
] - [ Lost password?
] - [ Lost username?
Comments found: (0)
Presently, there are no comments posted for this record!
Back to top
- Please be considerate in language. Do not use swear words.
- Treat other posters with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated.
- Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
- Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
- Insulting personal attacks will be not tolerated.