Tertowie Mansion, during and after the fire. What now?
A fire has ripped through 16th century Tertowie House gutting the interior and caving in the roof. At the height of the blaze 40 firefighters were in attendance. The cause of the fire is unknown but the property has been empty for 10 years having failed to find a buyer. An investigation is underway.
The present baronial style house dates mainly from 1867 but incorporates an earlier tower house. It housed the Grampian Regional Council crisis centre together with a nuclear bunker to provide a safe haven for councilors and officials in times of emergency - pity that they did not see one coming...
Date posted: 22 Dec 2011Last updated: 08 Dec 2014
? You are not currently logged in. Log in using the form below.Comment rules
Would you like to add comments to this site?
You must be registered and logged in to post a comment. If you are registered please login below and you, when logged in, will be able to post comments.
Links: [ Register here
] - [ Lost password?
] - [ Lost username?
Comments found: (0)
Presently, there are no comments posted for this record!
Back to top
- Please be considerate in language. Do not use swear words.
- Treat other posters with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated.
- Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
- Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
- Insulting personal attacks will be not tolerated.