Auchans Castle (Ayr)
Classed as 'Category A' Charles McKean considers Auchans as amongst the premier 'chateaux' in Scotland.
Late 16th C with 17th C alterations. Roofed until the 1880s but now derelict and in danger of total collapse.
Stands within remnants of its gardens and situated near the earlier Dundonald Castle from which, it is claimed, stones were taken to aid its building.
Date posted: 26 Jan 2012Last updated: 08 Dec 2014
? You are not currently logged in. Log in using the form below.Comment rules
Would you like to add comments to this site?
You must be registered and logged in to post a comment. If you are registered please login below and you, when logged in, will be able to post comments.
Links: [ Register here
] - [ Lost password?
] - [ Lost username?
Comments found: (0)
Presently, there are no comments posted for this record!
Back to top
- Please be considerate in language. Do not use swear words.
- Treat other posters with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated.
- Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
- Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
- Insulting personal attacks will be not tolerated.