Balvenie Castle in 1910
Balvenie Castle today under care of Historic Scotland
This exceptional castle, which dates from the 13th to 16th centuries, is situated near Dufftown. Although it appears a Renaissance Palace the broad ditch which surrounds the site hints at its medieval past.
Added to over the centuries, and especially in the 16th with beautiful gardens, it was abandonned the 1720s.
In 1929 the Ministry of Works (now Historic Scotland) took the buildings into national care.
Date posted: 05 Dec 2013Last updated: 08 Dec 2014
? You are not currently logged in. Log in using the form below.Comment rules
Would you like to add comments to this site?
You must be registered and logged in to post a comment. If you are registered please login below and you, when logged in, will be able to post comments.
Links: [ Register here
] - [ Lost password?
] - [ Lost username?
Comments found: (0)
Presently, there are no comments posted for this record!
Back to top
- Please be considerate in language. Do not use swear words.
- Treat other posters with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated.
- Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
- Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
- Insulting personal attacks will be not tolerated.