Carsluith Castle old photo
Carsluith Castle presently
This delightful little L-plan 16th century tower house is situated overlooking Luce Bay. It is within sight of Barholm Tower high on the hill behind.
Surrounded by farm buildings it has survived fairly intact and now is under the care of Historic Scotland.
It rises from a vaulted, gun looped basement through hall and bedchambers to a corbelled parapet and a caphouse in the wing. An unusual feature is that there once was a timber gallery overlooking the entrance.
Date posted: 27 Nov 2013Last updated: 08 Dec 2014
? You are not currently logged in. Log in using the form below.Comment rules
Would you like to add comments to this site?
You must be registered and logged in to post a comment. If you are registered please login below and you, when logged in, will be able to post comments.
Links: [ Register here
] - [ Lost password?
] - [ Lost username?
Comments found: (0)
Presently, there are no comments posted for this record!
Back to top
- Please be considerate in language. Do not use swear words.
- Treat other posters with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated.
- Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
- Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
- Insulting personal attacks will be not tolerated.