Cassencarie Castle at turn of 19th century
Cassencarie Castle depicting recently ruined 16th century tower. Taken SCA visit April 2013
Situated on Luce Bay is this multi period site. The oldest part is a L-plan tower of the late 16th century distinguishable by its window mouldings.
Unfortunately it is this part of the complex which has tumbled due to years of neglect and the insertion of large window voids in the 19th century.
The rest of the house forms part of a caravan park and serves it as a pub and restaurant.
Date posted: 17 May 2013Last updated: 08 Dec 2014
? You are not currently logged in. Log in using the form below.Comment rules
Would you like to add comments to this site?
You must be registered and logged in to post a comment. If you are registered please login below and you, when logged in, will be able to post comments.
Links: [ Register here
] - [ Lost password?
] - [ Lost username?
Comments found: (0)
Presently, there are no comments posted for this record!
Back to top
- Please be considerate in language. Do not use swear words.
- Treat other posters with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated.
- Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
- Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
- Insulting personal attacks will be not tolerated.