Dunure Castle as it appeared around the year 1900
Situated above the sea near to Ayr, Dunure is a splendid medieval ruin dating from the 14th century and later. Abandoned (or slighted) after the Civil War it lay buried in its ruins until in recent years a program of excavation and consolidation has taken place. It is now open to the public and provides a splendid days outing. To think that just some years ago the intention was posted to demolish!
Dunure Castle as it is today
Article by SCA member Brian McGarrigle
Date posted: 04 Sep 2013Last updated: 08 Dec 2014
? You are not currently logged in. Log in using the form below.Comment rules
Would you like to add comments to this site?
You must be registered and logged in to post a comment. If you are registered please login below and you, when logged in, will be able to post comments.
Links: [ Register here
] - [ Lost password?
] - [ Lost username?
Comments found: (0)
Presently, there are no comments posted for this record!
Back to top
- Please be considerate in language. Do not use swear words.
- Treat other posters with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated.
- Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
- Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
- Insulting personal attacks will be not tolerated.