Edinample Castle as it was around the year 1905
Situated on Lochearnhead, near Comrie, Edinample is a late 16th century Z-planned castle incorporating an earlier tower. It was altered around 1790 and this, together with latter additions, radically altered its appearance - and not to its advantage.
Derelict and neglected it was saved when the Groves & Raines family bought it in 1985. After 6 years work it was sold on in 1991 largely restored to it original appearance. The result is plain to see.
Edinample Castle taken by SCA member Brian McGarrigle April 2013
Date posted: 14 Apr 2013Last updated: 08 Dec 2014
? You are not currently logged in. Log in using the form below.Comment rules
Would you like to add comments to this site?
You must be registered and logged in to post a comment. If you are registered please login below and you, when logged in, will be able to post comments.
Links: [ Register here
] - [ Lost password?
] - [ Lost username?
Comments found: (0)
Presently, there are no comments posted for this record!
Back to top
- Please be considerate in language. Do not use swear words.
- Treat other posters with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated.
- Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
- Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
- Insulting personal attacks will be not tolerated.