Gilston Peel in 2001
Gilston is situated in the borders near to Lauder. It appears to have been a small tower house (or peel) of the late 16th century which, having fallen into ruin, was fitted up for agricultural use in the 19th century. This in turn suffered from neglect until modern times when it was consolidated and heightened to form a modern dwelling.
Gilston Peel in 2005
Date posted: 12 Jun 2014Last updated: 08 Dec 2014
? You are not currently logged in. Log in using the form below.Comment rules
Would you like to add comments to this site?
You must be registered and logged in to post a comment. If you are registered please login below and you, when logged in, will be able to post comments.
Links: [ Register here
] - [ Lost password?
] - [ Lost username?
Comments found: (0)
Presently, there are no comments posted for this record!
Back to top
- Please be considerate in language. Do not use swear words.
- Treat other posters with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated.
- Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
- Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
- Insulting personal attacks will be not tolerated.