Kenmure pictured in 1900
Two SCA members admire the castle on a visit in 2008
The roofless shell of Kenmure Castle stands high above a marsh at New Galloway.
Originally a enclosure castle of the 13th century it was added to and altered over the years until when in 1892 it took on its present appearance. Still occupied in 1935 by 1960 it was in total ruin. It now lies in a state of neglect and open to the sky.
Date posted: 03 Dec 2013Last updated: 08 Dec 2014
? You are not currently logged in. Log in using the form below.Comment rules
Would you like to add comments to this site?
You must be registered and logged in to post a comment. If you are registered please login below and you, when logged in, will be able to post comments.
Links: [ Register here
] - [ Lost password?
] - [ Lost username?
Comments found: (0)
Presently, there are no comments posted for this record!
Back to top
- Please be considerate in language. Do not use swear words.
- Treat other posters with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated.
- Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
- Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
- Insulting personal attacks will be not tolerated.