Ravenscraig Castle as it looked in 1902
Ravenscraig Castle as it appears in the present day
This massive castle, designed to withstand cannon, overlooks the Firth of Forth near Kirkcaldy. Long in ruin it was taken over by Historic Scotland in the 1970s.
Started by King James II it lay incomplete at his death in 1460 at the siege of Roxburgh Castle. Building continued, but in a modified form, and much of the intended work was never carried out.
Castle pictured in 1902 and today. Note massive wall with gunloops and lack of windows on landward side.
Date posted: 27 Nov 2013Last updated: 08 Dec 2014
? You are not currently logged in. Log in using the form below.Comment rules
Would you like to add comments to this site?
You must be registered and logged in to post a comment. If you are registered please login below and you, when logged in, will be able to post comments.
Links: [ Register here
] - [ Lost password?
] - [ Lost username?
Comments found: (0)
Presently, there are no comments posted for this record!
Back to top
- Please be considerate in language. Do not use swear words.
- Treat other posters with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated.
- Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
- Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
- Insulting personal attacks will be not tolerated.