Royston Castle (Edinburgh)
Royston Castle, aka Granton, was a late 16th C L-plan tower house, altered and added to in the following century. It was distinguiished by its courtyard wall which had an armorial panel above its entrance gate. Long ruinous it was demolished in 1922 except for a small fragment of the NE corner.
Date posted: 29 Feb 2012Last updated: 08 Dec 2014
? You are not currently logged in. Log in using the form below.Comment rules
Would you like to add comments to this site?
You must be registered and logged in to post a comment. If you are registered please login below and you, when logged in, will be able to post comments.
Links: [ Register here
] - [ Lost password?
] - [ Lost username?
Comments found: (0)
Presently, there are no comments posted for this record!
Back to top
- Please be considerate in language. Do not use swear words.
- Treat other posters with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated.
- Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
- Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
- Insulting personal attacks will be not tolerated.