This substantial tower house stands near Lockerbie in Dumfries. It is the ancient home of the Jardine family.
Spedlins Tower - past
The massive lower portion has 10 foot thick walls and dates from the 15th century, but the upper section is dated by a panel to 1605.
For long a roofless ruin, it was rescued in the 1980s and splendidly restored by appreciative owners who continue to enhance the site with stunning gardens.
Spedlins Tower today, beautifully restored
Article by SCA member Brian McGarrigle
Date posted: 15 Dec 2014Last updated: 07 Jan 2015
- Please be considerate in language. Do not use swear words.
- Treat other posters with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated.
- Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
- Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
- Insulting personal attacks will be not tolerated.