Terpersie Castle - before restoration. Photo taken in 1904
Dating from 1561 Terpersie is a miniscule, A listed, Z plan castle on 3 floors surrounded by beautifully maintained garden and situated near Alford.
It was burned in 1665 and rebuilt but by 1885 it was in ruin and so remained until 1983 when it was restored over a 6 year period by the William Cowie Partnership for Lachlan Rhodes.
Terpersie Castle - during restoration in the 1980s
Terpersie was lately on the market at offers 'in excess of £395,000'.
This castle exemplifies what can be done with a ruin. It has been saved for the nation and at the same time provides a handsome home and an handsome investment.
Terpersie Castle - beautifully restored
Date posted: 30 May 2012Last updated: 08 Dec 2014
? You are not currently logged in. Log in using the form below.Comment rules
Would you like to add comments to this site?
You must be registered and logged in to post a comment. If you are registered please login below and you, when logged in, will be able to post comments.
Links: [ Register here
] - [ Lost password?
] - [ Lost username?
Comments found: (0)
Presently, there are no comments posted for this record!
Back to top
- Please be considerate in language. Do not use swear words.
- Treat other posters with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated.
- Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
- Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
- Insulting personal attacks will be not tolerated.