The Wallace Tower (Aberdeen) also known as Benholm's Tower
This small Z plan tower of around 1600 originally stood outside the Aberdeen city boundary and in open fields.
Latterly serving as a public house it stood in the way of a new Marks & Spencer's store who arranged in 1964 to have it removed, stone by stone, and rebuilt at Seaton Park.
It is, at present, in a neglected state with boarded up windows. However, there are a few rumours that the council, finally, are to do something positive with it. Let's hope so.
The stone figure of the' knight' has probably been removed from a tomb and reset in the tower as a curiousity.
Date posted: 09 Feb 2012Last updated: 08 Dec 2014
? You are not currently logged in. Log in using the form below.Comment rules
Would you like to add comments to this site?
You must be registered and logged in to post a comment. If you are registered please login below and you, when logged in, will be able to post comments.
Links: [ Register here
] - [ Lost password?
] - [ Lost username?
Comments found: (0)
Presently, there are no comments posted for this record!
Back to top
- Please be considerate in language. Do not use swear words.
- Treat other posters with the respect they deserve. This should go without saying, but treat others like you would like to be treated.
- Please do not spam. The definition of spam is an irrelevant or advertising post. Any post considered spam will be removed.
- Please do not post threads text in all CAPITALS since this is considered to be shouting and is not necessary.
- Insulting personal attacks will be not tolerated.