Blackhall Manor is is a 16th Century house of two storeys and an attic. A projecting tower contains a turnpike stair. The walls are pierced by shot holes. The vaulted basement contains cellars and a kitchen. The hall and a private chamber occupied the first floor.
The lands were granted to Sir John Stewart by Robert the Third in 1396, although Blackhall is mentioned in the 13th Century. Much of the present house was built by Stewart of Ardgowan in the 16th Centrury. It was used as a farmhouse after 1710, was roofless and ruined by the end of the 19th Century, but restored in the 1980's and occupied.