Duchray Castle - Aberfoyle
Situated about 3 miles west of Aberfoyle on minor roads south of B829 at Milton, about 1 mile south of Loch Ard.
Duchray Castle is unaltered rectangular 16th-century tower house. It has three storeys and has a round tower at one corner and a turret crowning the opposite corner.
The building has corbie-stepped gables and has a vaulted basement.
Duchray was sold to the Grahams of Downie in 1569 who had built the Castle. It was the mustering point for an army led by the Earl of Glencairn, who defeated a Cornwellian force at Aberfoyle in 1653.
In the 1690's two Graham sisters entertained Officers of William and Mary, while Rob Roy McGregor was smuggled out the back. The castle was torched after the Jacobite Rising of 1745, but restored and remodelled in 1825 and is still occupied.
Wording taken from The Castles of Scotland Third Edition by Martin Coventry