Ruined, but well preserved, Fairlie Tower is a plain 15th century keep of four storeys with a later corbelled-out parapet and bartizans. The walls are pierced by gunloops. The basement is vaulted, and a small stair leads up to the hall and kitchen on the
first floor. The castle was built by the Fairlies, but sold to the Boyles in 1650.
Wording taken from The Castles of Scotland Third Edition by Martin Coventry