Law Castle is a 15th century keep, rectangular in plan with four storeys and a garret. A corbelled-out parapet has open rounds and the walls are pierced by gun loops and a 'murder hole'. The basement is vaulted ard contains
two cellars, one with
a stair to the formal great hall which once served as a courtroom - and includes a pit prison behind a flagstone trap door. The hall on the first floor has a screened-off kitchen with a wide fireplace. There is a turnpike stair in one corner.
The castle was a property of the Boyds, one of whom married Mary, daughter of James II and became Earl of Arran, but later had to flee the country. It was sold to the Bontine family in 1670 and, after falling into a state of disrepair, has recently
been restored. Law Castle can be rented.