Fingask Castle with 18th and 19th century additions
Fingask was a L-plan tower house of the late 16th century; extended in 1674 and remodelled in the 18th and 19th centuries. These additions were removed in 1925 when the castle took on its present appearance.
Fingask Castle in its present state with the later additions removed. It hard to believe it is the same building.
The tower itself dates from1594 and stands 3 storeys and a garret. The ground floor is vaulted and protected with wide mouth gun ports and an iron yett.
The castle stands within attractive policies and is now a popular wedding venue.