This small Z plan tower of around 1600 originally stood outside the Aberdeen city boundary and in open fields.
Latterly serving as a public house it stood in the way of a new Marks & Spencer's store who arranged in 1964 to have it removed, stone by stone, and rebuilt at Seaton Park.
It is, at present, in a neglected state with boarded up windows. However, there are a few rumours that the council, finally, are to do something positive with it. Let's hope so.
The stone figure of the' knight' has probably been removed from a tomb and reset in the tower as a curiousity.